Welcome

Welcome to the Meza State of Mind, hope you enjoy...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My struggle with Weight Loss

So, Ive always had issues with weightloss and it got worse with my two pregnancies. The summer of 2002 I was in the best shape of my life (which ended up being the first summer I was with my husband) I was an amazing 135. I was a size 5 and loved the way I looked...I fluctuated between 135 and 140 for the next year but I didnt mind, I was so happy with the way I looked. In the February of 2004 I got pregnant with Jasmine and at my 8 week appt I weighed 156 lbs, which wasnt horrible since I was usually about 150 in the past. Thru out the rest of the pregnancy I just kept gaining and gaining due to my weakness to pepperoni pizza. I wanted it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Although i stayed relitively healthy, i ballooned to 215 pounds, which is what I weighed when I delivered Jasmine, and then let the true battle begin. Over the next year or so I got down to 170, I wasnt thrilled but happy to be on the way down and then i didnt lose anymore and that really bummed me out and had me on the verge of depression and I started gaining again, I than fluctuated between 185 and 190 until mid 2008. By the end of 2009 I had started losing again, and then I found out I was pregnant with Gabriel, which I was thrilled and scared about at the same time. I was so scared I was going to start gaining lots of weight again...The fear actually helped me tho in the pregnancy I was more aware of what I was putting in my mouth and paying more attention to the pregnancy. Also, with already having a child I was more active. All in all I only gained 32 pounds. I was 195 at my 8 week appt and I was 227 at delivery. By my 6th week post partum appt I had lost all of the baby weight and I was back down to 195. Over the last almost 20 months Ive tried to lose the weight and it seems like nothing motivates me to do it...I watch what I eat for a couple weeks and than I just want real food again and I cave, I work out for a couple weeks and even tho I know the change wont happen right away but I get frustrated when it doesnt and give up...I have a class reunion Memorial Day weekend and I want nothing more than to walk in feeling amazing again...Maybe if I hold my self accountable and post on here my progress it will help...So I guess Ill try that...

No comments:

Post a Comment